Sunday, August 24, 2008

Life in Dubai - Drive to Fujeirah

Camels on the road..

Carpet Shopping..

On a last minute whim, Sham (Heisham) Kenneth, Felix along with new additions Claire and Brenda took a road trip to Fujairah yesterday. I didn't expect to run into some carpet shops there and wasn't expecting to buy anything but the carpets were dirt cheap (relatively)! They must have been at least 3 times cheaper then what you'r get in Dubai. I finally found the ideal carpets for the "alleyways" of my apartment that were about 2m x 0.7m in size and costing 150 Dirhams each. However since a whole lot of us were getting stuff, we managed to bargain this down to 120 Dirhams. They were silk carpets. Very nice to the touch. I'm definitely coming back soon for the larger varieties!
Now normally on most weekends, I'd wish for them to pass as slow as possible. But for this one, I didn't mind if it ended too soon. For that would only mean that the 28th Aug would come even faster and I can catch that big bird home.

No comments: