Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Last Night at Home

So this it. The last night at home. I guess I had a pretty darn good time at home. Who can complain with over a month spent at home with the first 3 weeks doing what one loves, mainly scuba diving and traveling. I've also managed to get my hands on some much longed for camera bodies such as a Leica MP and while not exactly an M9, an M8. I've had my fair doses of Mos Burger, Thai Express, Sushi Tei, Mee Rebus, Mee Siam and Nasi Padang. I've took in my fill of Orchard Road, took on more of our excellent public transportation and carried out my filial duties to my father while Aileen was back home for her own vacation.
I picked Aileen up this evening from the budget terminal. Although I was glad to see her I could see her sadness at having to leave her children (age 6 and 4) behind and not see them again for the next 2 years.
Anyways Aileen was sweet enough to buy us stuff from the Philippines. She got Norman and me Bermudas and she even knew what size to get us!
After having had to play maid to my father for the last 2 weeks, I have developed a healthy respect for what she has to go through. I am glad though that she has her sister and friends here to come back to so it won't be all that bad. Just like how I always looked forward to going back to Dubai because of my mates.
However this time around, it will not be the same anymore. sigh.

No comments: