Sunday, April 11, 2010

Photo taking in Angkor and Beng Mealea

When we started off to Siem Reap, I had in mind what I wanted to achieve. I felt that on my last trip, I was content on photographing the ruins and it's beautiful carvings which I guess is a natural thing to do. This time around however, I wanted to photograph the life around the ruins. The people for whom the ruins mean a religious calling, a means of livelihood or simply just a place to play. These are some of what I got...














Most of the above were shot on Fujichrome Velvia 100 with the exception of the guy playing the musical instrument which I believe was done on Kodak Ektachrome E100VS. As you can tell I like high saturation colour slides. Film just has a certain character and quality about it that digital just cannot replicate which will see me along with a lot of other film afficianos using this medium for a long time to come.

God bless film...




No comments: