Monday, March 15, 2010

Kasawari Lembeh Part IV

This last Lembeh trip was centered around night diving hence the name "Night Safari" and was supposedly organised between Tony Wu, Fins Online and Scubacam. However with due respect to the former two, I saw no real involvement from them except for the publicity they provided and when the event finally arrived I found the whole thing so "clique'ish" with the known personalities sticking to their own with a groupie or two thrown in.
In a funny sort of way I did warn myself that my own expectations may not be met on this trip and I guess in a way, my foreboding was all not for naught. However.. I am indeed glad to have met folks whose company I enjoyed tremendously and ended up having a blast....like bitchin' that the fishing boat with lights that did jack shit for us, sharing whiskey and talking crap until the whiskey ran out so the trip was not a total loss on the relationship front. Well I guess we can't have everything in life and it's all about managing one's expectations.
However I for one am GLAD to be going back to Kasawari Lembeh this Wednesday for a another quick trip before I pack up my dive kit for good until next year. I have decided to put off diving in the UAE for good. With Heisham gone it just seems pointless to drive 2 hours to the east coast for mediocre diving and then have to lug everything back to Singapore all over again if I plan another trip to Lembeh next year. Nosiree all my dive gear and U/W photography kit will be left at home this time. As such this week's dive trip will be my last for a very long while so I intend to make every full use of it.

2 comments:

Romana said...

After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.Desert Safari Dubai

Brody said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site! Desert Safari Dubai