Monday, May 24, 2010

Comin' Home


It seems that our time in Dubai is coming to an end. I am to be posted back to Singapore and can expect to be gone by mid July. Obviously I have mixed feelings about this. I will dearly miss the life style I was able to live whilst in Dubai, the peace and quiet of the apartment, the wonderful view (as above), having a set of wheels, the large amounts of personal space, and friends particularly Kamar and Shireen.
However I am looking forward to a few things like being able to catch up regularly again with Heisham and Beaver, easy access to better dive sites, film developing lab down the street, better access to good food, and joking around in the office.
I think I will do well in Singapore.... I feel like a coiled spring here. I try to learn as much as I can but hardly have the chance to pratice what I learn. I can only hope that what I've learned so far will put me in good stead there.
I guess we all knew this day will come sooner or later...we just didnt expect it to be sooner.


No comments: