Sunday, December 20, 2009

Avatar, the Movie

Kamar, Shireen, Heisham, the wifey and I caught this movie yesterday. To tell you the truth I was a bit apprehensive as I was worried that the movie would not live up to all this hype surrounding it. But boy am I glad that my worryin' was all for naught.


This is a scene where the dastardly humans are blasting the home of one of Pandora's indigenous tribes the Na'vi in order to get them to leave. Damn you human! Damn you!
I know you'd probably hear this over and over again on the internet but Avatar is frankly one of the best movies I have seen in a long while. It grabs your attention within the first 5 minutes and you eagerly lap up every scene as the story unfolds for you over the next two hours and forty minutes. But I shall refrain from turning this post into a movie review and shall just state that I utterly enjoyed my movie going experience yesterday. We caught the 11am show at Dubai Mall and avoided the crowds so the cinema hall was thankfully empty. Gosh I feel like watching this again. I always say that I'd rather watch a good movie twice than a bad one once.

And speaking of watching movies more than once, one show that has definitely seen it's fair share of repeated viewings by me is District 9. Another piece of great movie story telling albeit done on a much tinier budget than Avatar.


I guess 2009 is the year for Sci Fi movies. Star Trek, District 9 and now Avatar.



No comments: