Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life in Dubai - Update

There were times during the last few months that I felt I was moving backwards. Now I feel like I'm standing still. I used to feel all beat up and sorry for myself because I worried about not meeting expectations of my superiors and colleagues and of myself.

Now I feel like I don't really care about it anymore. They just have to deal with me. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here to stay. They have to get used to me as much as I have to get used to them. So in a way, things for me now are much "better" than they were say a couple of months ago and I think I can narrow down the reasons why to two main contributing factors,



1. I started to drive gaining my own mobility (very inportant for living here!)

2. I stopped caring about what other people think of me.



Perhaps now I can finally move forward.

1 comment:

Lensmeister said...

I know exactly how u feel man... I now can't give a fcuk what others think of me... as long as we do our jobs and what we're paid for, nobody can say otherwise.