Although it is sad that Heisham will be leaving us soon, it will be a happy time for me when I return home next month (I finally get to say "next month!). Apart from my much anticipated trip to Lembeh, Heisham and I will be off to Siem Reap to visit the Angkor ruins for about a day and a half. Yes it is short but we will narrow down what we specifially want to see.
It is always wonderful to do such a trip with a fellow photographer and natural early riser.
This being my second trip, I am now more aware of the kind of images I would like to make and have narrowed down the cameras and systems I will bring with me.
I think of Angkor and the image of a lost holy city being found and reclaimed from the jungle comes to mind. This lost holy city would consist of some beautifully sculpted apsaras that have previously been hidden by undergrowth and co-existed with wild untamed nature for the last few centuries...until now.
As a result of Angkor being revealed to the world and being declared a World heritage Site, hordes of tourist from around the world have descended onto this place and as a natural result, touts and vendors have flourished.
So therefore my main themes will be as follows,
1. Old dark ruins of an old holy city re-emerging from the jungle (B & W for added drama)
2. Beautiful faded craftmanship of Aspara sculptures co-existing with nature ie moss covered etc
3. Young child vendors representing new life being breathed into Angkor.
To acheive the above I will use the following systems
1. Nikon FE 2 with Nikkor 28 mm f2.8 and Red Filter with Ilford Delta 400 (B&W film)
2. Nikon D700 with 85mm f1.8 mm (for portraits)
3. Leica M6 with Summicron 50mm f2 with Fuji Velvia (for general use, a roll or two of Ilford Delta 3200 will also be brought along for night shots)
I have reminded myself time and time again in the past to travel light. Ah to be free of encumbrances and just wonder around with one body and one lens. However I am always torn between getting the kind of images I want and doing what would be as stress and care free as possible. And seeing how we only have a day and half to do this, I think I would opt for the former.
Apart from the Siem Reap trip, the following Saturday will see Beaver, Heisham and I go on a short road trip across the border to Kukup in Johor Bahru. There will be seafood, there will be durians and there will be Ramly Burger! Mmmmmm! And of course, more photography.
See What Show: Justice League - Limpeh watch Justice League liao. This movie is can watch. Was it perfect? No. Was it fun? Yes. Wonder Woman and The Flash — The Princess and the Jester — ...
4 days ago